Reversing Chronic Illness with Lifestyle Medicine
FirstLine Therapy® (FLT)—Reversing Chronic Illness with Lifestyle Medicine
Good Health…isn’t that what everybody wants? High energy, mental clarity, full function and absence of disease well into old age? If your answer is yes, then First Line Therapy is right for you.
What is First Line Therapy? First Line Therapy is a specialized 12-week therapeutic Lifestyle change or modification program that targets underlying causes of chronic illnesses by incorporating a sensible eating plan, exercise, nutritional supplementation and stress management.
Helping You Make Lifestyle Changes to Improve Health
Everyone knows that eating right and staying in shape are important for overall health. But life’s everyday pressures—hectic schedules, work deadlines, family issues, etc.—can make it difficult to find the time for good nutrition, exercise and adequate rest.
Whether you suffer from a lifestyle-related chronic disease, or have been advised by your doctor to eat right and exercise more, the FirstLine Therapy lifestyle medicine program can help.
Change Your Life and Change Your Health with Lifestyle Medicine
FirstLine Therapy is designed by health care professionals and has demonstrated remarkable success in helping individuals like you return to a path of extended health.
This is not a weight reduction program—it’s a disease reduction program. While weight loss often occurs, it’s only secondary to the primary goal of helping you achieve and maintain a healthy body composition (lean-muscle-to-fat ratio) to improve health, manage disease, feel better and reduce your risk to more serious conditions.
Who Can Benefit From FLT?
Extensive scientific research demonstrates that many of the chronic disease associated with aging can be prevented or even treated by adopting a healthy lifestyle. A Therapeutic lifestyle is also recommended by leading health organizatios as a first-line treatment opption for:
* Heart Disease * Diabetes * High Blood Pressure
*High Cholesterol * Stroke *Metabolic Syndrome
*Osteoarthritis * Osteoporosis * Alzheimer’s * cancer
Stress *Fatigue *Menopause *PMS *PCOS *Overweight * Obesity
The Support You Need to Succeed
In truth, most doctors don’t have the time, skills, or resources to provide you with effective lifestyle counseling. Consequently, patients—even those at high risk of disease—are often left to “figure it out” by themselves.
FirstLine Therapy is different. It’s structured with professional supervision to help you:
- Establish realistic, personalized goals to improve health• Monitor your progress and help you stay on track
- Learn how to eat and shop for healthy, nutritious foods that manage (not increase) cravings
- Exercise in a way that builds muscle and gets rid of unwanted fat
- Relax and manage unhealthy stress
- Feel better and do more!
FLT is more than just weight loss:
- FLT can help you lose unhealthy fat while retaining healthy, lean muscle.
- FLT integrates body composition testing (fat & lean tissue ratios)-being thin doesn’t necessarily mean you’re healthy.
- An imbalance in body composition (too much fat or losing muscle tissue) can lead to serious health problems-high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, etc.
- Loss of muscle results in loss of ability to burn calories, making it much more difficult to maintain weight loss over time.
- FLT focuses on lifestyle factors that are the underlying cause of many health problems.
The FLT eating plan is different.
- Most diets focus on NOT eating not eating fat, not eating carbs, or just plain not eating much of anything.
- The FLT eating plan emphasizes the need to eat, and to eat frequently.
- The focus is on eating THE RIGHT KIND OF FOODS-the right kind of fat, the right kind of carbohydrates, and the right kind of protein-all in the right portions.
- FLT incorporates a low-glycemic-index eating plan based on the latest scientific research that will help you maintain stable blood sugarand energy levels.
- Low-glycemic diets are more effective than low fat diets in treating obesity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
- People report less hunger and more energy, making it much easier to stick with the program.
FLT incorporates medical foods and dietary supplements.
- Using appropriate medical foods and dietary supplementswith FLT can improve the effectiveness of the program and help you achieve your health goals.
- Medical foods are designed to address the unique nutritional needs of patients with specific health concerns.
- Dietary supplements provide targeted nutritional support for specific functions, such as healthy blood cholesterol or blood sugar levels, joint functionand mobility, or healthy hormone metabolism.
Your Personal First Line Therapy Program offers: Initial and follow-up testing, Practitioner consultations, body composition testing, solutions for staying active, simple eating guidelines, progress tracking, lifestyle counseling, and nutritional product recommendations.
Call the office at 512-443-9355 to see how First Line Therapy can benefit you.